College is an important stage in a young person’s education.
A gateway to reaching a better understanding of themselves & their capabilities
It is the gateway to reaching a better understanding of themselves, their capabilities and place in the world. For these reasons our objectives are to:
- Help the student think for themselves and be more independent
- Encourage good organisation and study skills
- Work on weak areas from previous year’s work so that a new school year has a positive start
- Increase their self-confidence
Assist the student
To assist the student we analyse their needs in the following ways:
- An evaluation: to allow the teacher to identify the student’s strengths and weaknesses. This allows us to pinpoint which areas need attention, enabling quick progression.
- A Personalised Study Plan: the teacher offers the student a study plan designed to meet their needs. This enables the student to progress at their own pace.
- During their time in College, students will be given fresh material each year and independent study will play a vital role for success in coursework and exams
- To give parents regular updates: This is crucial so that parents can be fully involved in supporting the student’s progress